1. U.S. Futures

***TRIAL RUN: TSMF Weekly Stock Picking Team Challenge for the Week of (8/28-9/1)***

Discussion in 'StonkForums Competitions' started by bigbear0083, Aug 23, 2017.

1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Administrator
    Staff Member

***TRIAL RUN: TSMF Weekly Stock Picking Team Challenge for the Week of (8/28-9/1)***
    (Read this first post for the new TSMF Weekly Stock Picking Team Challenge)

[​IMG]

So as promised the other day, here we will be test running the new team challenge idea for next week.

NOTE: This particular challenge is only meant to act as a TEST run, and will not count toward anything. I just wanted to get a feel for how this will work for us for when/if we ever do decide to go live with this at some point in the future.

Here is how this team challenge ultimately works-

There will be 3 teams in total. Each team consists of 2 participants. Each participant will be making 2 stock picks (just like the normal weekly contests).

I will then post up the spreadsheet link where you guys will be able to see how each individual members stock picks are doing, as well as how the team is doing as a whole.

The rules for this team challenge will be done up exactly the same as our normal weekly stock picking contest rules to make things as simple as possible for everyone.

This is just a copy & paste from our weekly contest rules-

Important - Please read carefully: IF ONE OR MORE OF YOUR PICKS ARE OUT OF COMPLIANCE AFTER THE START OF THE CONTEST, YOUR POSITION WILL BE FORFEITED.

*When you make your picks, please make sure there are empty spaces around them, so they come up in the thread search.

Correct: AAPL - Long (Blank space after AAPL)
    Incorrect: AAPL- Long (No space after AAPL)
    • Pick TWO stocks, either long, short, that trade on the U.S. Stock Exchange.
    • You cannot duplicate someone's exact play! For example- If someone picks AAPL - Long and BAC - Long first then you can only pick AAPL - Short and BAC - Long or AAPL - Long and BAC - Short <-- you may only duplicate 1 pick but not BOTH! Use the "Search This Thread" link as it only takes a few seconds to see if the ticker has been mentioned.
    • Get your picks in BEFORE the opening bell on Monday, August 28th. I will provide all the opening prices as I have the spreadsheet set to auto look up the opens.
    • The stock/ETF must close at $2 minimum the day before the contest. No Indexes or pinks/OTCBB.
    • You are only allowed 1 leveraged ETF. If you choose two, the second of the two does not count and is still up for grabs. If incorrect picks go un-noticed, you risk your position being forfeited. (These are the 2x/3x ETF's)
    • Once you pick something, that is it, it is yours unless it is not a valid pick. This way someone doesn't pick a stock that others want, then at the last second change it. Please do not edit your posts with your picks. If you pick one at a time, just use two separate posts instead of editing your first.
    • Optional - You may post a rationale (either technical or fundamental) for your picks, but it is not required.
    • You may choose to close out your pick at any time during the trading day. Please post your own closing price(s). We will be using the closing price of the 1 minute intraday chart with the time stamp of your post here on TSMF to get your official intraday closing prices!
    If you choose to close out one or both of your picks after the trading day is finished (after the closing bell), you will get the next day's opening price. PLEASE POST YOUR OWN OPENING PRICES!

Once again, it is your responsibility to check that your pick is not a duplicate. The "Search This Thread" link I mentioned makes this as simple as it can be. If you choose to not check and should you duplicate someone's pick, it will not count.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and if anyone sees someone else messing up, please correct them. Also, please look at your positions after I post the spreadsheets. I try to catch mistakes, in and out of my control, but need your help in making sure the information is accurate.

Remember...the contest starts at the opening bell on Monday, August 28th!

GLTA.

Click the button below to view this week's team challenge spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

#1 bigbear0083, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

So, in order to come up with the teams I went ahead and took the top seeded member and matched them up with the lower seeded member from our weekly challenge members leaderboard-

[​IMG]

So it would look something like this-

TEAM #1:
    #1 @twerpner
    #6 @Ken34

TEAM #2:
    #2 @stock1234
    #5 @Jrich

TEAM #3:
    #3 @bigbear0083
    #4 @tbw875

If you guys don't like this way of coming up with the teams let me know, but this was really the only thing I could think of for right now. If y'alls have any better ideas post them up in here. I'm all ears.

Once we've got the teams nailed down, then we should be all set and ready to go.

If you guys want to come up with your own team names instead of the generic "TEAM #1, TEAM #2...etc." feel free to post that up in here.

Again, this is all just going to be act as a test run for next week. While I'm not expecting there to be any glitches but if it happens that's okay since we're just trial running it.

If you guys have any questions feel free to fire away.

I'm hoping that the 6 members that I have listed above for each team will be able to participate in this for next week? If not, please let me know!

stock1234 and Jrich like this.
  3. stock1234

stock1234 Well-Known Member

I will be a little busy but should be able to make my picks, won't have that much time for research though so I hope my picks don't suck that much :p

Jrich and bigbear0083 like this.
  4. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Just in case we don't get the minimum 6 participants needed to trial run this, I see that @homosap and @fireopal were not listed on the weekly challenge members leaderboard standings and I could have them join us to test run this if you guys are available? Please chime in here and let me know!

If we can get all 6 members that I mentioned in my quoted post above participating then I could even go ahead and add an additional team (@homosap and @fireopal) as Team #4.

But first I'll need to know if the first 6 members will be able to participate. I know a few of you have been MIA (missing in action) as of late due to whatever reasons (moving/work/last week of the summer/vacation/etc?) so I want to make sure you guys will in fact be present here if I do go ahead and give this a test run next week.

5. Ken34

Ken34 Active Member

i should be able to participate as long as i get my picks in on a friday night, as i work sat, sun, mon 12 hour shifts, so i tend to forget to make picks on a monday.

6. homosap

homosap Member

Yes I am interested but if there is no pair for me then don't worry

7. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Thanks for checking in here @homosap!

Looks like we are missing a lot of our members here as of late. I'm not entirely sure what the deal is here but I may just be forced to run this with 2 teams rather than 3 teams as I would have originally liked.

@Jrich
    @tbw875

Seem to be AWOL at the moment and I'm not sure when they will be back.

So here is my plan in case those 2 don't show up in here.

TEAM #1:
    *#1 @twerpner
    #6 @Ken34

TEAM #2:
    #2 @stock1234
    #5 @homosap

*Just in case @twerpner is not able to participate then I would just simply pair up with @Ken34

I really like to give this a test run for next week, because the following week we will have a holiday-shortened trading week with Monday markets closed here in the states for Labor Day.

Unless you guys prefer that I postpone this until everyone is back? Hopefully by sometime next month. o_O

8. twerpner

twerpner Member

Im game.

bigbear0083 likes this.
  9. tbw875

tbw875 Active Member

Sorry! Still super busy. I'm in!

bigbear0083 and stock1234 like this.
  10. stock1234

stock1234 Well-Known Member

Nice, I guess you can team up with Cy then :D

bigbear0083 likes this.
  11. Jrich

Jrich Active Member

Im here... toss me in anywhere i fit, ill look for some picks tonight

12. Jrich

Jrich Active Member

Post picks here?

Or will there be a different thread for the actual challenge?

13. bigbear0083

Staff Member

You can either use this thread or the main weekly stock picking thread to post your picks.

I see you already posted on the main weekly picking thread and stated that you wanted both your weekly picks and the team challenge picks to be the same so you're all set! Thanks for your participation this week. :)

Since we've got everyone chiming in here this week I will keep the teams all the same as I had originally set them:

TEAM #1:
    #1 @twerpner
    #6 @Ken34

TEAM #2:
    #2 @stock1234
    #5 @Jrich

TEAM #3:
    #3 @bigbear0083
    #4 @tbw875

I can even add a 4th team and have @homosap pair up with @fireopal

TEAM #4
    @homosap
    @fireopal

However I'm not sure if @fireopal will be available to participate just yet.

@fireopal if you can chime in to this thread here and let us know that you can participate then I'll go ahead and setup our 4th team for this test run this week. Thanks. :)

Jrich likes this.
  14. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Just a small change in here as I really want to get @homosap in the action this week.

TEAM #3:
    #3 @bigbear0083 @homosap
    #4 @tbw875

@homosap you will be paired up with @tbw875 for this trial run this week and I will go ahead and sit this one out.

I'll join in on the next one. ;)

tbw875 likes this.
  15. Steven

Steven Active Member

awe comon CY lets hook up then :D. My picks came after a few barley pops yesterday so it's a good thing its only a test run lol.

Jrich and bigbear0083 like this.
  16. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Sweet. @Steven checking in! Let's do this! :D

TEAM #4
    @Steven
    @bigbear0083

Wow, did not honestly think we'd get 4 teams in this week for this test run. Very nice. :cool:

Steven likes this.
  17. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Here is this week's team challenge spreadsheet in case I'm unable to get around to it later tomorrow-
    [​IMG] <-- click there to view!

NOTE: *Ignore the current "opening prices" as those will automatically correct to tomorrow's opening prices after 9:30am eastern time.*

Good luck to all of our participants in here for this first ever trail run of the team challenge this week! :cool:

@Ken34
    @Jrich
    @Steven
    @tbw875
    @twerpner
    @bigbear0083

NOTE: I am just posting up this week's spreadsheet a little earlier than usual in here as I have a busy day ahead of me for tomorrow. I will continue adding members picks up until the 9:30am eastern time opening bell tomorrow morning so don't think you are excluded from this week's contest if I haven't listed your name up right now. I just wanted to get this spreadsheet posted in here and out of the way so I don't have to worry about getting it up at a later time tomorrow. ;)

18. bigbear0083

Staff Member

It's probably too late to ask this in here, but I should have asked you guys if y'alls wanted to have your own team "names" instead of the generic "Team #1, 2, 3, 4..." :p

Since this is only going to act as a trial run this week it's possible we may encounter some small issues here and there.

But here is basically what the main spreadsheet will look like on open-

[​IMG]

To view the individual members picks and their performances just hit the team tabs down at the bottom of the spreadsheet-

I'm basically just using the daily picks spreadsheet setup for the individual team spreadsheet here to make things easier since everyone is more or less familiar with this setup.

[​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think.

19. bigbear0083

Staff Member

TEAM #4 (@Steven & @bigbear0083) out to the early lead after day #1 of this week's trial run of the team challenge (it's all @Steven here! :cool:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view this week's team challenge spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

20. tbw875

tbw875 Active Member

That Pharma bump thanks to KITE and GILD

Should be a good day tomorrow!!