1. U.S. Futures

Weekly SPX Poll - Sentiment (8/28-9/1)

Discussion in 'Stock Market Polls' started by bigbear0083, Aug 24, 2017.

?

How do you see the SPX closing for the week of (8/28-9/1)?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2017.
  1. Up.

57.1%
  2. Flat. (+/-0.50% or less)

14.3%
  3. Down.

28.6%
  1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Administrator
    Staff Member

This is a poll for the week of 8/28-9/1, 2017
    Expires Monday at the opening bell on: 8/28/17
    Don't forget to click the "Vote Now" button! ;)

How does TSMF think the S&P500 will close the week?

[​IMG]

Starting point:
    [​IMG]

**Starting point will be edited into this post after Friday close**
    *Link to Previous Weekly Poll Thread*
    Don't forget to post your vote to be listed in the 2017

[​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 Poll Member Voting Record Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Results from the last poll (8/21-8/25)
    2,443.05 +0.72%

TSMF Voted
    [​IMG]

No weekly poll tally for TSMF this week. Credit goes to the UP votes! :cool:

Post your Vote!
    [​IMG]

Notes/Guidelines:
    1) For purpose of the spreadsheet record flat is currently based on +/-0.50% or less. Of course, everyone can define flat any way they choose.
    2) Up, Flat, or Down must be clearly specified in a post in order to be listed in the spreadsheet, otherwise it'll be assumed that post was not intended to be a part of the official record.
    3) Because of the poll expiration at Sunday midnight GMT time zone, (Sunday 4pm PST / 7pm EST) I manually close the poll around 9pm - midnight in PST, or before I go to bed. You may notice the poll says to expire on Monday, but it does not. It will expire on Sunday the date that is in this post.4 pm PST / 7pm EST is just a bit too early and I want to give as much possible time for everyone to get a chance to vote.
    4) You may notice that some members have monthly and quarterly statistics in the spreadsheet. I add these based on at the start of the month or quarter taking into account past consistent voter-ship.
    5) It's OK to post your vote if you missed the deadline after the poll has expired and if the market has not really moved that much or especially if your late vote is opposite or flat of the S&P futures ATM. It will be up to my discretion and obviously, the more active voters will be given more leeway.
    6) Starting and ending points based on official close of the market Friday.
    7) The primary goal of this game is to track our performance. You can consider it a contest or as a personal critiquing tool to better ones performance

#1 bigbear0083, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Post #1 Updated!
    Scores Graded!

Click the button below to view the full 2017 Poll Member Voting Record-
    [​IMG]

*Link to Previous Weekly Poll Thread*

No weekly poll tally for TSMF this week. Credit goes to the UP votes! :cool:

Special shout outs go out to our 2 posted UP voters for this week!-

@Ken34
    @Timbo

Great calls in here from you 2 this week! :D

Special commendation goes out to our current weekly poll consecutive leader with 2 in a row!-

@Ken34

[​IMG]

Nice work Ken! ;)

And lastly a special commendation goes out to our current overall weekly poll percentage leader for the year with an 58.82% voting accuracy thus far in 2017-

@Timbo

Here is a look at the weekly poll members voting record leaderboard as of week ending 8.25.17-
    @bigbear0083 is still our current leader with 23 points this quarter with @Ken34 & @Timbo right behind! :eek:
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the complete 2017 Poll Member Voting Record Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Whelp, that is a wrap from me this week ... and I hope you all have an awesome weekend ahead! Have fun and be safe! Cheers y'alls! :cool:

...and please do not forget to click in your vote on the poll & post your vote before the opening bell on Monday!!!

3. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

UP.. Still believe the "correction" will only be minor pullbacks. There are some bargains out there if you look, a few are way to overblown but seem to readjust in sectors.

#3 Timbo, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  4. Ken34

Ken34 Active Member

voting up

5. Steven

Steven Active Member

Gotta go with DOWN again. Still below the trend line and the major ma's. I think below 2438.25 we could see some strong selling. Just another note: It's amazing how strong we pop each time we get outside the bb's.

spx_002.png

6. bigbear0083

Staff Member

i'm going with FLAT again for this week ... i can see the week starting off either bullish or bearish (my hunch is bearish though) but ultimately coming back to end the week about flattish.

that being said, something feels amiss to me with this market ever since we put in that outside day/week a few weeks back ... for so long we've been seeing BTFD bring us back to ATHs after any little pullback all year long ... but that hasn't happened this time ... could we finally be on the cusp of something more meaningful of a pullback/correction? we're certainly waaay overdue for one ... and dare i say it we could be putting in an "outside month" as well ... thursday's close will be reeeeally interesting to me ... idk maybe just maybe we're finally about to see the bear show its face again after all these years of up.

we shall see ... it would be nice to get a good healthy correction in this market imho.

7. Baggi

Baggi Member

Well, I had a good run but now it's over.

I'm going with down again this week. Maybe the korean missile that was launched plus the storm will drag the market down. Although this market has proven itself rather resilient.

8. Baggi

Baggi Member

One thing I noticed over the past 3 or 4 weeks. We went through the earnings cycle (All the major companies reported and then some). When we started we were only around 20 points or so from all time highs. Maybe even closer. We managed to get up into new all time highs during earnings, but for the most part, we stayed flat to down.

I've not studied it, but it seems to me earnings are generally bullish. This time, earnings didn't seem to lift the market.

Steven and bigbear0083 like this.
  9. Steven

Steven Active Member

It's pretty common I think for this time of year to pull back a bit after earnings, then common to rip after next earnings season I believe.

10. stock1234

stock1234 Well-Known Member

11. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Midweek SPX update-

START: 2,443.05
    CURRENT: 2,457.59 (+0.60%)