1. U.S. Futures

***TRIAL RUN: TSMF Weekly Stock Picking Team Challenge for the Week of (8/28-9/1)***

Discussion in 'StonkForums Competitions' started by bigbear0083, Aug 23, 2017.

1. stock1234

stock1234 Well-Known Member

@Jrich Sorry my partner, looks like my picks are killing our team this week :confused:

Jrich likes this.
  2. Steven

Steven Active Member

I want to be the Chart Whisperers

3. Jrich

Jrich Active Member

Na, you just got your short and long backwards, thats all:D

No worries here, i figured id be the one to blow it

4. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Administrator Staff Member

Midweek weekly team challenge update-

Shout out to our current leader: TEAM #4 (Chart Whisperers with @Steven & @bigbear0083) ! :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. bigbear0083

So...I'm just curious to get everyone's input on these team contests.

Albeit this week's team challenge was simply a trial run and does not count for anything.

I'm interested to get some feedback on these competitions.

Do you guys like these? Or not so much?

Is it worth keeping around?

Next time I can try to run this on a monthly format and give that a test run and see which format you guys would prefer more.

I'd need to create new spreadsheets for team leaderboards, and individual and team records as well. It would be quite a bit of work for me to do at this time so I think I'll pass on running this again for next week.

Maybe sometime in October?

But then as we're nearing the EOY I do want to run the bracket tournament here as well. Never did get the chance to do that at the other place due to a certain someone. :rolleyes:

Hmm...

Let's see how this goes. But, for now I do like to get some feedback from you guys regarding this team challenge this week. Thanks!

Lastly, I figured I'd throw this up in here as well for those of you who don't venture outside the forums much. As you folks know today is the final trading day of August so if you guys haven't done so already I thought I'd remind y'alls to not forget to post those monthly market votes and monthly stock picks in for next month (September)!

First the monthly poll-
    And here is the stock picking challenge thread for next month-
    It would be pretty awesome to see all of you join and participate on those as well! ;)

6. Steven

Steven Active Member

FWIW, I would go for any weekly contests. I am doing the research anyway and have the time on the weekends. Daily contests are tough for me, I just don't have the time when I'm trading.

tbw875 and bigbear0083 like this.
  7. rStock

rStock Member

I love you guys on this contest

bigbear0083 likes this.
  8. stock1234

stock1234 Well-Known Member

I think the team format is fun, we can definitely do it again in the future :D

twerpner and Jrich like this.
  9. Jrich

Jrich Active Member

Little more fun and a little more pressure than the regular weekly challenge (which is a good thing)

Maybe a monthly would be easier than switching teams up every week tho

10. bigbear0083

Thanks for the input you guys.

I'll see if I run another team challenge again soon, and I'll try the next one out on a monthly format.

Although admittedly this was a bit more work for me, but honestly I'm down for anything that gets people interested in these competitions and checking back in to the forums regularly.

I thought the team format was a good way to really spice things up in here.

I'll continue running the other competitions as per usual.

I also like to trial run the bracket tournament one more time as well.

One week at a time. Lots to look forward to here in the coming months ahead. :D

Thanks again to all of you who helped me test run this team challenge this week!

11. bigbear0083

Congratulations to this week's trial run team winner -- TEAM #4 (Chart Whisperers) w/ @Steven & @bigbear0083 ! Nice work you 2! :cool:

Some worthy mentions also go out to our 2nd place team -- TEAM #1 (w/ @Ken34 & @twerpner) and 3rd place team -- TEAM #3 (w/ @homosap & @tbw875)!

[​IMG]

Here was this week's final challenge results for TEAM #4 (Chart Whisperers):

[​IMG]

Thanks again for playing y'alls! :D

Steven likes this.
  12. bigbear0083

Hey fellas, you know what I was just thinking of for these team competitions?

Perhaps sometime in the near future we could setup a bracket tournament for the team challenge?

In other words - have each teams play a best of 3 series, until one team advances to the finals for the win.

Since we don't have enough members for more than 4 teams, it would be a somewhat short tourney.

But, we could setup a bracket tournament for the teams here.

This would be an extra element of uncertainty which adds more excitement if you will.

Anyway, I just thought to post that up in here as well. I'll get into much more details of this once I'm ready to launch something of a trial run...perhaps in a couple of weeks.

Stay tuned. ;)