1. U.S. Futures

Stock Competitions Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by bigbear0083, Jan 28, 2021.

1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys, seeing as I had just recently launched this board, and haven't actually formally put it out on the major search engines yet, it could still be a while until we get more people showing up in here.

However, with that being said, I was curious to see how many of you guys would be interested if I were to bring back the stock competitions in here in some for again?

Right now I am currently juggling with the idea of possibly bringing back the weekly contests (both the stock pick and market direction polls), and possibly, but maybe (not as likely), the daily market directions polls only (no stock picks though, as that might be a little too much for me to run with my 2021 daily schedule).

It is an idea I have been thinking of here at SF (StonkForums).

What do you guys think? Just thinking of some ideas here to lure in some more eyeballs, and perhaps keep members engaged into the forums here.

2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Just thought of an idea that may work here! Since I am already running the weekly market direction poll on my Discord live chat server, I was thinking maybe it would be possible to somehow connect that into this site somehow. Hmm.. I think it is very possible too. :p

3. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Actually, scratch the above! I think I might just be able to run a completely separate/dedicated instance of the competitions here on SF. But, I don't know if I'll be able to run a "daily" instance honestly, because that may require a bit too much time and dedication to keep running all year round.

But, I think I should be able to run a separate weekly instance just for our SF community here of both the stock picking and market direction competition. How's that sound for now? :p

4. bigbear0083

Staff Member

BTW, if I were to run the weekly contests here, it's very probable that I wouldn't be able to run the leaderboards. But, running just the stock pick + market direction every week shouldn't be too terribly time consuming or issue for me! :D

5. bigbear0083

Staff Member

btw, i'm gonna likely work on this some over the weekend. and could have it ready by sometime saturday. so you guys could possibly start submitting your weekly picks/market direction votes in here by later saturday or definitely by sunday. :D

6. stock1234

stock1234 Well-Known Member

I would be interested for sure, just not sure how many people will be playing initially haha. I am sure this site will slowly grow and more and more people will join though :cool: A lot of interesting emojis btw, let’s see if I can use some of them later on :thumbsup:

bigbear0083 likes this.
  7. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Sounds good! I think it shouldn't be too hard or time consuming to get this setup in here. I think I may also advertise this some in the Discord server too. :p

stock1234 likes this.
  8. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Alright, everything seems to be mostly setup now. I've set everything up just like how we had it back in the day. :p

First, I've added a "Competitions" tab up top on the navigation bar as seen here:
    [​IMG]

I've also added a sticky thread in the Stock Market Today section that'll list all of the current and future weekly contest threads:
    And finally, the actual subfroum can be found from the forums list page as well as seen here:
    [​IMG]

Hopefully that'll help for the newer people in particular.

EDIT: Oh and one last thing here. I have a channel on the Discord server name #stonkforums_contests, to which when you guys submit the google form for the weekly stock competition, a bot will automatically post your submission to that channel on the Discord chat server as seen here. :p

[​IMG]

9. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Just in case anyone missed this from the other day. Here is a super quick and easy way to access the upcoming contest threads on this forum.

It's up top on then navigation bar. You just mouse over to the "Contests" tab and it should give you a drop down menu that looks something like this:

[​IMG]

stock1234 likes this.