1. U.S. Futures

Man in the middle attack

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by OldFart, Oct 3, 2023.

1. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

So, yesterday my Norton software went nuts and notified me that it stopped a man in the middle attack, and that made me paranoid as hell. I believe it was thru my wifi connection on my PC, but norton didn't specify.
    I haven't used any apps on my phone since then, and running all kinds of tests on my PC to make sure there isn't any malware on it.
    Scary shit...haven't traded since then, or logged into my bank account on my phone, since I KNOW Norton doesn't protect iphones from this kind of attack.

I also heard using a VPN on your iphone ( or PC ) isn't a 100% sure way to stop this attack.

Anyone out there use something else to protect their iphones or PC's from these types of attacks ( besides Norton )?

#1 OldFart, Oct 3, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
  2. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

So, I tried using Norton's VPN ( which goes through an Amazon server on the west coast ), and like others on the internet mention, it cut my internet speed in 1/2 :mad2:
    Bezos must be collecting data from the VPN for his buddy "big brother"....:suspicious:, so I turned it off.

Maybe it was this guy?....

kim.jpg

#2 OldFart, Oct 4, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2023