1. U.S. Futures

Investing is not the same as trading.

Discussion in 'Investing' started by donkeydoink, Nov 5, 2022.

1. donkeydoink

donkeydoink New Member

"Buy and Hold" is already very dead, granted. But to be in-and-out repeatedly---- as happens when engaged in TRADING--- reminds me of something ELSE, which sounds a lot more like FUN to me. ;)

So, I can't "set it and forget it" anymore. But in INVESTING, I do want to select securities and stocks that show me they will not go belly-up and can grow over the medium, if not the Long-term. The other vital consideration is DIVERSIFICATION. And that can be overdone, too, thus diminishing profit, like shooting yourself in the foot. Another thought: it's also possible to try too hard to diversify at the wrong time. For instance, I was looking for a Utility to throw money at just last night; but so many of them are just too "rich" currently: the P/E on those boogers is way too high compared to some of the bargains I've found in the past year or so.

I'm still mostly in funds, but growing my "stable" of single-stocks. Among them:
    -A
    regional bank in New England.

-A worldwide aluminum and power company--- which may be the most timely selection I've ever made, with talk of boycotting Russian aluminum due to the Poot-bag's invasion of Ukraine.(I see no political decision on the matter yet.)

-Midstream oil & gas. (Does not depend on SUCCESSFUL
    drilling and production.)

-The only U.S. POSTAL REIT in existence.

"Happy Motoring" to all!