1. U.S. Futures

SMR - NuScale Power Corporation

Discussion in 'NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by rando, Feb 22, 2023.

1. rando

rando Member

[​IMG]

NuScale Power Corporation develops and sells modular light water reactor nuclear power plants to supply energy for electrical generation, district heating, desalination, hydrogen production, and other process heat applications. It offers NuScale Power Module, a water reactor that can generate 77 megawatts of electricity (MWe); The VOYGR-12 power plant that can generate 924 MWe; and four-module VOYGR-4 and six-module VOYGR-6 plants, as well as other configurations based on customer needs. NuScale Power Corporation was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Portland, Oregon. NuScale Power Corporation operates as a subsidiary of Fluor Enterprises, Inc.

#1 rando, Feb 22, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    OldFart and bigbear0083 like this.
  2. rando

rando Member

Well I am old and can usually do stuff online but apparently posting a stock chart has never been one of the skills I am good at. Maybe someone can fix it? I could not locate a tutorial so I took my best swing at it.

SMR is in the business of - ticker gave it away - small module reactors. They have small units that can be installed in many more discreet locations than large stacks we are accustomed to seeing. They are partnering with GSE Solutions in this endeavor (ticker GVP - it's a penny stock).

Good article on the GSE-SMR news: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gse-solutions-receives-contract-develop-140000994.html
    I've been flipping this one while it's rangebound between 10-11 for 3-6% with ease (3 for 3 just got in for a 4th round trip). I will continue that until the pattern breaks up or down. I think this is an excellent hold for anyone looking at the uranium space and trying for some diverse holdings in that niche. My other favorite U plays are SRUUF, UUUU, UROY, NXE, the less liquid GVP and especially SILXY, and beyond that well you sort of need to be a yellowcake freak.

Uranium is a grand slam LT investment. If you can hold ten years, get in.

3. rando

rando Member

4. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh man! Talk about a blast from the very past! Holy schnikes. RANDO! I legit just had a bit of a double take moment just now seeing your handle pop up on my screen here lol. This is a very momentous moment for me right now. Given that our history dates back so many years (I think just around the time of the GFC if I'm not mistaken haha). How the heck have you been! Really was an incredibly super pleasant surprise to see you pop in here today! And I think you also did so the other week as well, but I unfortunately was so tied up taking care of my ailing mother who recently underwent a knee replacement surgery. So, I never quite got the chance to chime in to hit you back with a quick reply.

Anyway, not to steer topic away from this thread. (Yikes!). Am really excited seeing you back in here. It has been too long! :)

BTW, @rando I'm not sure if you remember on old HSM (back when the site was running on vBulletin waaay back when lol). But, there once used to be a tag command on that board that when you went something like [ chart ] TICKER [ / chart ] it would automatically bring up a daily Finviz chart of said "TICKER". Well, guess what? I've managed to recreate that tag command on this board now lol.

So, if you just simply do that aforementioned tag command on a post:

[ chart ] TICKER [ / chart ] (w/o any spaces btw!) it should work. :D

Let me know if you got that working on your end.

Holy cow. Can't get over seeing you back again haha. Talk about reconnecting. Yowza! BTW, some of the old timers that you may remember from the past still hang around here also. @OldFart @stock1234 and @Stoch just to quickly name a few. @Steven Burt used to hang around here also but I haven't seen him on in ages. :(

BTW, just one other thing. I also self-host my own live chatroom server in addition to this forum. It's connected to this board and also my main subreddit community r/StockMarketChat - https://www.reddit.com/r/StockMarketChat :)

The main chat page can be found here:

http://www.smlchat.com/

I have that page password protected due to spam bots. It's helped heaps to keep them out lol.

You can just use this credentials to get you past the p/w protection.

Username: big

Password: bear

Pretty easy to remember amirite? Lol.

Anyway, I'll leave ya to it. Let me know me if you got all of the above working on your end!

OldFart and rando like this.
  5. rando

rando Member

Yup I got it working. Knew I didn’t have to ask you to help me. I just threw the bat signal in the air and there you are!! I’m good but won’t belabor the point here. Still making great new buildings and renovating old crappy ones.

6. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

@rando is back!!
    Long time no see man! Glad to see you here!

bigbear0083 likes this.
  7. rando

rando Member

Hey there Old Fart! Markets have been interesting! SMR reports today, stopped trading it ten days ago in anticipation, looks like it might be a good reentry after earnings. I'm slowly adding to my uranium positions with UUUU and UROY joining my favorite yellowcake vehicle SRUUF.

8. rando

rando Member

Bot blended lots 8.78. The ATL is 8.60. This company just realized its cash outlays will be higher than anticipated in 2023, and profitability may be pushed out 1-2 years largely due to increased raw material costs. But they have a solid product and several small cities in Idaho just reaffirmed their commitment to the SMRs NuScale is building even at a 30-40% higher cost per unit of energy. Why? Take a guess... where HASN'T energy cost increased a lot? They were being realistic. To me, that's a fairly significant reaffirmation of the company's value proposition.

Full disclosure, I did five round trips in SMR this year buying and selling in the 10s. It seems like a pretty easy chart read and momentum signaler. For those who like hitting singles all day, it's a flipper/swing trade. But you can hold a core LT position in one acct and trade around it in the other, if you just can't decide.

9. rando

rando Member

Blech... S-1 Filing. Took a small L on this, too many fish in the sea.