1. U.S. Futures

TSMF Daily Stock Pick Challenge & SPX Sentiment Poll for Wednesday (10/4)

Discussion in 'StonkForums Competitions' started by bigbear0083, Oct 3, 2017.

?

How do you see the SPX closing on Wednesday (10/4)?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2017.
  1. Up.

20.0%
  2. Flat. (+/-0.25% or less)

80.0%
  3. Down.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Administrator
    Staff Member

TSMF Daily Stock Pick Challenge for Wednesday (10/4)
    (Read this first post for the TSMF Daily Stock Picking Challenge)

[​IMG]

Congrats to @homosap the TSMF Daily Stock Picks Winner for (10/3)!

*Link to TSMF Daily Stock Pick Challenge Thread for (10/3)*

On to the next! The TSMF Daily Stock Pick Challenge for (10/4) starts at the opening bell on Wednesday, October 4th, 2017.

Important - Please read carefully: IF YOUR PICK IS OUT OF COMPLIANCE AFTER THE START OF THE CONTEST, YOUR POSITION WILL BE FORFEITED.

*When you make your pick, please make sure there are empty spaces around them, so they come up in the thread search.

Correct: AAPL - Long (Blank space after AAPL)
    Incorrect: AAPL- Long (No space after AAPL)
    • Pick ONE stock/ETF, either long, short, that trade on the U.S. Stock Exchange.
    • You cannot duplicate someone's exact play. For example, if someone picks AAPL - Long, you can only pick AAPL - Short as long as it is not taken yet. Use the "Search This Thread" link as it only takes a few seconds to see if the ticker has been mentioned.
    • Get your pick in BEFORE the opening bell on Wednesday, October 4th. I will provide all the opening prices as I have the spreadsheet set to auto look up the opens.
    • The stock/ETF must close at $2 minimum the day before the challenge. No Indexes or pinks/OTCBB.
    • Once you pick something, that is it, it is yours unless it is not a valid pick. This way someone doesn't pick a stock that others want, then at the last second change it. Please do not edit your posts with your pick. If you need to change your pick and/or the direction, just use two separate posts instead of editing your first.
    • You are allowed to pick one leveraged ETF. (These are the 2x/3x ETF's)
    • Optional - You may post a rationale (either technical or fundamental) for your pick, but it is not required.
    • You may choose to close out your pick at any time during the trading day. Please post your own closing price. We will be using the closing price of the 1 minute intraday chart with the time stamp of your post here on TSMF to get your official intraday closing prices!
    Once again, it is your responsibility to check that your pick is not a duplicate. The "Search This Thread" link I mentioned makes this as simple as it can be. If you choose to not check and should you duplicate someone's pick, it will not count!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and if anyone sees someone else messing up, please correct them. Also, please look at your positions after I post the spreadsheets. I try to catch mistakes, in and out of my control, but need your help in making sure the information is accurate.

Remember...the challenge starts at the opening bell on Wednesday, October 4th!

GLTA.

Click the button below to view today's challenge spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 daily challenge winners-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 daily challenge winners spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 stock picking challenge leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 daily stock picking challenge members records-
    [​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a poll for Wednesday 10/4, 2017
    Expires Wednesday at Midnight on: 10/4/17
    Don't forget to click the "Vote Now" button! ;)

How does TSMF think the S&P500 will close 10/4?

Starting point:
    [​IMG]

**Starting point will be edited into this post after previous close**
    *Link to Previous Daily Poll Thread*
    Don't forget to post your vote to be listed in the 2017

[​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 Poll Member Voting Record Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Results from the last poll (10/3)
    2,534.58 +0.22%

TSMF Voted
    [​IMG]

TSMF wins the daily poll tally for Tuesday! Credit goes to the FLAT/UP votes! :cool:

Post your Vote!
    [​IMG]

Notes/Guidelines:
    1) For purpose of the spreadsheet record flat is currently based on +/-0.25% or less. Of course, everyone can define flat any way they choose.
    2) Up, Flat, or Down must be clearly specified in a post in order to be listed in the spreadsheet, otherwise it'll be assumed that post was not intended to be a part of the official record.
    3) It's OK to post your vote if you missed the deadline after the poll has expired and if the market has not really moved that much or especially if your late vote is opposite or flat of the S&P futures ATM. It will be up to my discretion and obviously, the more active voters will be given more leeway.
    4) Starting and ending points based on official daily ending close of the market.
    5) The primary goal of this game is to track our performance. You can consider it a contest or as a personal critiquing tool to better ones performance

#1 bigbear0083, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Congratulations to today's daily stock pick winner and 29th time winner of the daily stock pick challenge in 2017 (1st time winner in October!) -- @homosap! :cool:

Some worthy mentions also go out to our 2nd place winner -- @Steven and 3rd place winner -- @stock1234!

Here was today's final daily challenge results-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the complete daily challenge winners & their winning picks in 2017 thus far-
    [​IMG]

And here is the daily challenge members leaderboard as of today-
    (To make things less cumbersome & time consuming for me I will just simply post up the link to the members leaderboard spreadsheet here instead of posting up a full screenshot everytime.)

Click the button below to view the complete 2017 stock picking challenge members leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

And lastly, we have the complete daily stock picking challenge members history which includes every pick posted from our active participants this year!

Click the button below to view the complete 2017 daily stock picking challenge members records-
    [​IMG]

3. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Post #1 Updated!
    Scores Graded!

Click the button below to view the full 2017 Poll Member Voting Record-
    [​IMG]

*Link to Previous Daily Poll Thread*

TSMF wins the daily poll tally for Tuesday! Credit goes to the FLAT/UP votes! :cool:

Special shout out goes out to our lone posted FLAT voter for today!-

@bigbear0083

Credit also goes out to our 3 posted UP voters for today!-

@homosap
    @stock1234
    @Steven

A very special commendation goes out to our current daily poll consecutive leader with 3 in a row!-

@Steven

[​IMG]

@stock1234 is still our overall daily poll percentage leader for the year with a 67.26% voting accuracy in 2017 thus far.

And here is the daily poll members voting record leaderboard as of today-
    (To make things less cumbersome & time consuming for me I will just simply post up the link to the members leaderboard spreadsheet here instead of posting up a full screenshot everytime.)

Click the button below to view the complete 2017 poll members voting record leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Whelp, that is a wrap from me today ... GLTA and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your evening ahead! And many thanks goes out to all of you who participated on the daily challenge today! Get rested. Cheers y'alls! :cool:

And please do not forget to click in your vote on the poll & post your vote before midnight eastern time on Wednesday!!!

4. bigbear0083

Staff Member

market flat

amd - long

5. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Here is Wednesday's daily challenge spreadsheet in case I'm unable to get around to it later tomorrow-
    [​IMG] <-- click there to view!

NOTE: *Ignore the current "opening prices" as those will automatically correct to tomorrow's opening prices after 9:30am eastern time.*

Good luck to all of our participants in here for tomorrow! :cool:

@bigbear0083

NOTE: I am just posting up tomorrow's spreadsheet a little earlier than usual in here as I have a pretty busy day ahead of me for tomorrow. I will continue adding members picks up until the 9:30am eastern time opening bell tomorrow morning so don't think you are excluded from tomorrow's challenge if I haven't listed your name up right now. I just wanted to get this spreadsheet posted in here and out of the way so I don't have to worry about getting it up at a later time tomorrow. ;)

6. Ken34

Ken34 Active Member

voting market flat

opk - long

7. homosap

homosap Member

Market Up
    CLSN Short - a near 300% rise in a day people are going to want to take profit

8. twerpner

twerpner Member

Market Flat
    MTBC Down

9. stock1234

stock1234 Well-Known Member

Market Flat

MGM - Long

10. homosap

homosap Member

Can I change to Long from short?
    CLSN Long