1. U.S. Futures

The politics thread.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Timbo, Aug 12, 2017.

1. twerpner

twerpner Member

I'm sorry you feel that the way it is now is acceptable, and gun control isn't worth a chance. It's not about taking guns away its about decreasing the amount of gun deaths in the States and making sure the right precautions are taken.

2. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

New laws won't do anything about the millions of firearms already in possession by the wrong hands, a six year old kid can realize that. Your post is a good example of how the LEFT can spin a story out of shape, read my previous post a few dozen times and explain how you misinterpreted it.

OldFart likes this.
  3. twerpner

twerpner Member

It appears you are so against the "Left" as you call it that gun control, which has been proven worldwide to reduce gun deaths, isn't worth a chance. The fear from people wanting nothing to be done and everything to remain how it is makes no sense, a six year old kid can realize that.:D

4. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Point is, how will more gun laws apply to the MILLIONS of guns already in the wrong hands?? You've avoided the question and yet attempted to spin my post twice.. More than willing to debate the subject but unless you respond to the actual question it's pointless.

OldFart likes this.
  5. twerpner

twerpner Member

It's not much of a debate when you start attempting to insult and compare my views to a "6 year old kid" and a "lame duck attempt", but I will give you the benefit of the doubt here. Point of the matter is that states with some gun control laws have less gun deaths than those without, and countries with gun control laws have less deaths that those without. Once again its not about taking away guns or penalizing the millions of gun owners, like myself. You act as if we shouldn't register or control the outflow of guns because there are too many already out there. That is a defeatist attitude. By limiting the continued outflow of guns its a step in the right direction, and that is what the issue is. Taking steps in the right direction to stop what has become an epidemic.

Somehow you've spun my argument into being one about registering all guns already out there. That, as you know is near impossible, rather there should be efforts from now on to stop selling guns to anyone who wants one without a registration, insurance, and proper testing & licensing.

Tossing the issue off to the side because there are so many guns already is nonsense and is against any and all progress on the issue.

upload_2017-10-12_13-4-15.png

upload_2017-10-12_13-5-25.png

upload_2017-10-12_13-5-40.png

Attached Files:

6. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Again you have misinterpreted my post... I have a policy of not arguing with a idiot, kinda feel like I'm talking with hillary here. Lord have mercy....

OldFart likes this.
  7. twerpner

twerpner Member

I'm sorry you again have to resort to trying to insult. Have a great day!

8. stock1234

stock1234 Well-Known Member

Calm down guys, let’s have a respectful discussion instead of calling each other out. We all have different opinions and it is normal, we should try to stay respectful here on some sensitive topics

It will be the last time I will talk about gun laws here. I agree with @twerpner thst something has to change, if we don’t make some kind of change then tragedy like Vegas and Sandy Hook probably will continue to happen. Anyway, some will point to Australia and some will point to Chicago on this topic, so we will probably never agree to each other

9. Jrich

Jrich Active Member

Countries with more public transportation and less personal autos have less traffic deaths

Still... ill keep my Dodge Ram, and ill keep my guns

Fact is, if you criminalize even a certain "style" of gun... then you will effectively turn millions of innocent citizens into criminals

"Cold Dead Hands" is not a figure of speech.... we take our freedom pretty seriously here!

Aside from any "gun ban" or "magazine ban".... every "common sense" gun law the left pushes for is already in place... they just want to extend those laws to include more citizens and eliminate due process

10. Jrich

Jrich Active Member

Agreed

We can get nasty on facebook (and im sure many of us do... i do).... but we got some good people here, we shouldn't alter that impression

Im sure some of y'all are older than me... im only 36, so ive only lived through 6 presidents, one of which i was too young to remember (Reagan)....... and i am COMPLETELY thrown off by the bitter divisiveness this time around!!!!!!!!!!!

This is how our politicians want it... i beleive there were too many people "in the middle" or "non partisan".... so both sides (one more than the other if you ask me) decided to run on a scorched earth policy....... like a nasty break up, where ex parteners attempt to destroy eachother socially with the "if i can't have it, no one can" mentality

Its up to us, as "the children" to be the rational ones when our "parents" are at each others throats

11. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member