1. U.S. Futures

TSMF October 2017 Stock Picking Contest

Discussion in 'StonkForums Competitions' started by bigbear0083, Sep 7, 2017.

1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Administrator
    Staff Member

TSMF October 2017 Stock Picking Contest
    (Read this first post for the October 2017 Stock Picking Contest.)

[​IMG]

Congrats to @Ken34 the September 2017 Contest Winner!

*Link to the September 2017 Stock Picking Contest Thread*

On to the next! The October 2017 Stock Picking Contest starts at the opening bell on Monday, October 2nd, 2017.

Important - Please read carefully: IF ONE OR MORE OF YOUR PICKS ARE OUT OF COMPLIANCE AFTER THE START OF THE CONTEST, YOUR POSITION WILL BE FORFEITED.

*When you make your picks, please make sure there are empty spaces around them, so they come up in the thread search.

Correct: AAPL - Long (Blank space after AAPL)
    Incorrect: AAPL- Long (No space after AAPL)
    • Pick TWO stocks, either long, short, that trade on the U.S. Stock Exchange.
    • You cannot duplicate someone's exact play! For example- If someone picks AAPL - Long and BAC - Long first then you can only pick AAPL - Short and BAC - Long or AAPL - Long and BAC - Short <-- you may only duplicate 1 pick but not BOTH! Use the "Search This Thread" link as it only takes a few seconds to see if the ticker has been mentioned.
    • Get your picks in BEFORE the opening bell on Monday, October 2nd. I will provide all the opening prices as I have the spreadsheet set to auto look up the opens.
    • The stock/ETF must close at $2 minimum the day before the contest. No Indexes or pinks/OTCBB.
    • You are only allowed 1 leveraged ETF. If you choose two, the second of the two does not count and is still up for grabs. If incorrect picks go un-noticed, you risk your position being forfeited. (These are the 2x/3x ETF's)
    • Once you pick something, that is it, it is yours unless it is not a valid pick. This way someone doesn't pick a stock that others want, then at the last second change it. Please do not edit your posts with your picks. If you pick one at a time, just use two separate posts instead of editing your first.
    • Optional - You may post a rationale (either technical or fundamental) for your picks, but it is not required.
    • You may choose to close out your pick at any time during the trading day. Please post your own closing price(s). We will be using the closing price of the 1 minute intraday chart with the time stamp of your post here on TSMF to get your official intraday closing prices!
    If you choose to close out one or both of your picks after the trading day is finished (after the closing bell), you will get the next day's opening price. PLEASE POST YOUR OWN OPENING PRICES!

Once again, it is your responsibility to check that your pick is not a duplicate. The "Search This Thread" link I mentioned makes this as simple as it can be. If you choose to not check and should you duplicate someone's pick, it will not count.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and if anyone sees someone else messing up, please correct them. Also, please look at your positions after I post the spreadsheets. I try to catch mistakes, in and out of my control, but need your help in making sure the information is accurate.

Remember...the contest starts at the opening bell on Monday, October 2nd!

GLTA.

Click the button below to view the October 2017 contest spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

Click on the button below to view the 2017 monthly contest winners-
    [​IMG]

Click on the button below to view the 2017 monthly contest winners spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 stock picking challenge leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 monthly stock picking contest members records-
    [​IMG]

#1 bigbear0083, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Congratulations to the September 2017 contest winner and 3rd time winner of the monthly contest, @Ken34! :cool:

Some worthy mentions also go out to our 2nd place winner @Jrich and 3rd place winner @bigbear0083!

Here was the final contest results for September-
    [​IMG]

Here are this year's monthly contest winners and their winning picks in 2017 thus far-
    [​IMG]

Click on the button below to view the complete monthly contest winners & their winning picks in 2017-
    [​IMG]

And finally here is the monthly contest members leaderboard for this quarter-
    Congratulations to @Jrich our monthly contest members leaderboard winner for Q3 with a total of 25 points! Nice job Jrich! :cool:
    [​IMG]

@Jrich is our first time winner of the monthly stock picking contest leaderboard for the quarter!
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 stock picking contest members leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

And finally, we have the complete monthly stock picking contest members history which includes every pick from our active participants this year.

Click the button below to view the 2017 monthly stock picking contest members records-
    [​IMG]

Ken34 likes this.
  3. Ken34

Ken34 Active Member

amd - long
    opk - long

4. bigbear0083

Staff Member

googl - long
    aapl - long

5. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Here is the October contest spreadsheet in case I'm unable to get around to it later tomorrow-
    [​IMG] <-- click there to view!

NOTE: *Ignore the current "opening prices" as those will automatically correct to tomorrow's opening prices after 9:30am eastern time.*

Good luck to all of our participants in here for this month! :cool:

@Ken34
    @bigbear0083

NOTE: I am just posting up next month's spreadsheet a little earlier than usual in here as I have a pretty busy day ahead of me for tomorrow. I will continue adding members picks up until the 9:30am eastern time opening bell tomorrow morning so don't think you are excluded from next month's contest if I haven't listed your name up right now. I just wanted to get this spreadsheet posted in here and out of the way so I don't have to worry about getting it up at a later time tomorrow. ;)

6. homosap

homosap Member

INFY - LONG
    IRDM - LONG

7. Jrich

Jrich Active Member

EOG long

CAT long

8. stock1234

stock1234 Well-Known Member

PG - Short

HON - Long

9. twerpner

twerpner Member

OSTK Long
    GRPN Long

10. bigbear0083

Staff Member

October 2017 contest update as of week ending 10.6.17

Shout out to our current leader -- @homosap!

[​IMG]

11. bigbear0083

Staff Member

October 2017 contest update as of week ending 10.13.17

Shout out to our current leader -- @Ken34! :cool:

[​IMG]

12. stock1234

stock1234 Well-Known Member

Looks like everyone in green now, pretty nice :D

bigbear0083 likes this.
  13. bigbear0083